Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Are you are a recent graduate preparing to begin your TEFL career? Do you wish to teach English abroad during your gap year? Are you an existing teacher wishing to have more formal training, or are you looking for a career change? CELTA will provide you with the skills you need.
Our four-week, 130 hour, full time CELTA course will provide you with the essential skills and knowledge you need to teach English to adults and older teenagers. The course provides hands-on teaching practice and observation so that you get the chance to apply your practical skills in the classroom with groups of English language learners. No previous teaching experience is required.
- Have the equivalent of a high C1 level of English, written and spoken (assessed by pre-course interview).
- Be at least 18 yrs of age and educated to the standard required for entry into higher education
COURSE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Candidates must complete an application form and a set of pre-interview tasks followed by either a face-to-face interview held at Tenidiomas (Jerez) or an interview via Skype or by telephone. Acceptance is at the discretion of the centre.
To receive a CELTA certificate you need to complete the course and meet assessment criteria for all written and practical assignments. You will be assessed on:
- 4 written assignments (each 750 to 1,000 words)
- 6 hours of teaching practice at different levels of ability
There are three pass grades: Pass A, Pass B, Pass
- 2nd to 27th July, 2018 (Jerez). More information from email@example.com
- 1,450 Euros
To secure a place on the course a deposit of 450 Euros must be paid and the balance of the course fee is due 4 weeks prior to the starting date.
If you are employed by a Spanish school/company these courses can be subsidised by the Fundación Tripartita